The cervical lifting or the neck lifting, is a surgical intervention that has as purpose the removal of the skin and fat excess of the neck, improving the neck region aspect.
What neck lift surgery can treat
- Excess fat and skin relaxation in the lower face that creates jowls
- Excess fatty deposits under the chin
- Loose neck skin
- Muscle banding in the neck, which created abnormal contours
The loss of youthful contours in the face and neck can be due to a variety of factors, including heredity, gravity, environmental conditions and stress.
Some people feel they are not ready for a full facelift because the upper face is still pleasing. However, many patients will note excess wrinkling of the neck skin, a double chin or “turkey wattle” and jowl lines.
When the neck area doesn’t match the upper facial appearance, a neck lift may be a good solution.
What should I expect during a consultation for neck lift surgery?
During your neck lift surgery consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your neck lift surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss your rejuvenation options
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of a neck lift and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the type of anesthesia that will be used
*Individual results may vary. All the information on this website is addressed to 18+ persons.